The RC clarinet lives up to musicians expectations and gives them great freedom of expression
Developed in 1975 by the extremely talented luthier Robert Carrée, who plays an important role in the history of Buffet, the RC clarinet has a pure, sweet sound. The exclusive design of the RC bore results in easy response and a homogeneity in all registers. This clarinet, which also has great stability, has won over innumerable musicians throughout Europe.
– Key Bb and A
– Pitch A 440 / 442/ 444
– Stained choice Grenadilla wood
– Bore: Upper joint Poly-cyndrical, lower joint and bell conical
– 17 keys and 6 rings
– Eb lever optional
– Stainless steel rods and pivot screws
– Double fish skin pads
– Hand burnished bore : Improve intonation and centers tone
– Egg-shaped inside bell shape : Greater sound emission
– Conical lower joint and bell : Softer tone color and easier response
– Power forged silver keywork, preplated in copper and finished in silver plate : High quality long lasting finish
– Silver plated adjustable thumb rest : Adjustable for optimum comfort
– Undercut tone holes : Improves tone and ease of response
The wood is carefully chosen for its acoustic and esthetic qualities and therefore remains unstained. The undercutting of each tone hole is carried out according to Buffet’s top of the range stringent standards. The upper and lower joint tenons come with metal rings which reduce the risk of cracks. The keywork is carefully tried, tested and adjusted by expert craftsmen to work perfectly. The models have G.T. pads, an adjustable thumb rest and an Eb/A lever as standard. The R13 Prestige has a powerful sound and a focused and flexible tone in all registers.
-Key Bb and A clarinets
-Carefully selected, unstained grenadilla wood
-Power forged keywork, preplated in copper and finished in silver plate
-18 keys and 6 rings
-Stainless steal rods and pivot screws
-Blue needle springs
-Premium quality, unstained Grenadilla wood : Beautiful natural wood. Produces excellent tone quality.
-Hand burnished bore : Improve intonation and centers tone
-Power forged keywork and posts, preplated in copper and finished in silver plate : High quality long lasting finish
-Silver plated adjustable thumb rest : Adjustable for optimum comfort
-Undercut tone holes : Improves tone and ease of response
-G.T. pads : Extremely durable material, water proof
The Greenline option follows the same manufacturing process. however it is made of 95% grenadilla powder, 5% polycarbonate fiber and epoxy resin. Due to this construction, Green Line clarinets cope with variations in atmospheric conditions, i.e. temperature and humidity changes. The risk of cracking is therefore eliminated.