Beautifully made, redesigned intermediate tenor.
With a design influenced by high-end Yamaha saxophones, the YTS-480 features highly accurate intonation, a warm tone and a quick response. It is lightweight yet durable, and comes with a professional-quality 62-style neck for a more mature quality of sound.
An improved mechanism from low B-C# ensures the consistent closing of the low C# key and promotes a clear response from notes in the low range of the instrument. A hand-engraved pattern on the bell adds an extra touch of class, and endears the instrument to the owner.
The newly redesigned octave key system gives players the flexibility to choose between the included 62 style neck and necks designed for the Custom Z and Custom EX Yamaha saxophones. The new 62 style neck has been designed for improved tone and response. Another recent innovation is the left-hand seesaw key has been designed to increase playability as well as provide a more comfortable feel. The separate key guards feature adjustable screw cap stoppers for professional-style technical adjustments.
This is an instrument that is situated at a middle price level that displays design considerations and features that derive from some of the finest saxophone designs in the world. It is designed from the top down rather than from the bottom up, and the quality of sound and playability is reflected in that culture.
- Warm tone
- Quick response
- Hand engraving
- Compatible with other necks
- New key guard
- Left-hand seesaw key
- Improved Low B-C# connection
- Level: Intermediate
- Key of: Bb
- Neck: Annealed, original 62 design
- Neck: Material Yellow Brass
- Body: Material Yellow Brass
- Bell: Yellow Brass
- Key Material: Yellow Brass
- Key Buttons: Polyester
- Finish: Gold baked epoxy lacquer
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F# key
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4C
- Mouthpiece: Cap Plastic
- Ligature: Yellow Brass; Clear Lacquer
- Spring Type: Stainless Steel
- Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration: Stamped
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable Plastic
- Pivot Screw: Tapered with head and nylon lock (adjustable)
- Mounting: Post on body